Thursday 11 December 2008

Tuesday 9th December Yet another Grapes Win !!!!!

What can be said here,Darts a funny old game?,well the Raven team(playing from Bennets) must have thought this one was in the bag,leading 6-2 with a slow start from the Grapes.It has to be said myself and Scot pulled this win out of the bag with a 180 from Scot not bad for a three leg game,although I did hit one practising earlier(ask percy!).After a superb pull back of 3 games from Scot.The game was poised at 6-6 with me the anchor man stepping up knowing we only needed 2 legs for victory and this would seal an amazing comeback.Not scoring massively,being a bag of nerves,but just enough to pip the guy to the double I took the first leg.The atmosphere was now somewhat tense,with everyone crowding round.I felt a little under the spotlight to say the least.My opponent's poor scoring allowed me to take a comfortable lead however and it was a mighty relief as I took the winning leg.After cheers! and pats on the back from the lads.It seemed the pub emptied as people went out for a much needed cig,(wish I could have joined them).Maybe some of the Bennet's team also vanished in disgust.The stress told in the last leg as my concentration slipped and I allowed my opponent to get down to a double first,unfortunately he missed and I took out the double with my first dart on the next throw.A tense finale but the 9-6 Victory to the Grapes perhaps did no justice to the Raven and how close they nearly were.

No comments: